HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
Just for Laughs
Here’s how several elementary school students answered the following questions about moms:
Why did God make mother?
-She’s the only one who knows where the Scotch tape is.
-Mostly to clean the house.
-To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
-He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
-Magic plus superpowers and a lot of stirring.
-God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
Of what ingredients are mothers made?
-God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world, and one dab of mean.
-They had to get their start from men’s bones. They can mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
-God knew she likes me a lot more than other people’s moms like me.
Selected from 1001 Illustrations that Connect, p. 284
WEEKLY BIBLE READING: 2 Chronicles 9-34
News and Notes:
- Parents: Keep in mind that Fort Hill Christian Youth Camp is just right around the corner in June. Registration forms are in the back.
- VBS Teacher: Most if not all of the supplies ordered are in the back. If you would like to order anything else, please see Angie.
- VBS Helpers: If you would like to participate in our VBS at the end of June, please see Dale.
- If you would like to cut the grass sometime this year, there is a sign up sheet in the back.
For the Record
Mothers and GRANDMOTHERS-Titus 2:3-5
GRAND MOTHERS – OLDER WOMEN:
1. Reverent in Behavior
2. Not Slanderers
3. Not slaves to wine
4. Teachers of Good Things
5. Training the Younger Women
1. Love their Husbands
2. Love their Children
3. Self controlled
5. Work at Home
7. Submissive to Her Husband