Instructions To A Pencil
A pencil-maker told the pencil 5 important lessons just before putting it in the box:
1. Everything you do will make a mark.
2. You can correct the mistakes you make.
3. What is important is what is inside of you.
4. In life, you will undergo painful sharpenings, which will only make you better.
5. To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.
We all need to be sharpened. May this parable encourage you to know that you are a special person, with unique God-given talents and abilities. Only you can fulfill the purpose which you were born to accomplish. Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and cannot be changed and, like the pencil, always remember that the most important part of who you are is what’s inside of you.
Author unknown, found at http://bulletingold.com/goldvol12_5.html
WEEKLY BIBLE READING: Psalms 58-89
News and Notes:
-Men’s Business Meeting: Tonight after evening services.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL:
We had a wonderful time at our Vacation Bible School 2 weeks ago. The weeks of planning, preparing, the hours of effort put in by so many contributed to its success. Total in all, there were over 35 kids who came. By bringing in aluminum cans, $95 was raised to fund much of our supplies. If there is any teachers that would like to be reimbursed for their expenses, please give your receipts to Tom. A big thank you to everyone that helped in making it such a wonderful experience.
Good News For Youth: Each Monday night in July. Any teens interested in going, please see Dale.
- Next Sunday will be the Parsley’s last Sunday with us. On Saturday, July 14, there will be a get together at the Dupler’s house for them. For more information, please see Patty.
For The Record:
WHY CHRIST BRINGS MEANING TO L.I.F.E.
LOVE OF CHRIST
INSTRUCTION OF CHRIST
FORGIVENESS IN CHRIST
ETERNAL LIFE IN CHRIST